An effective leader may not need to have all of these attributes in large amounts. Often a leader will have strengths and weakness in each category. What is important is that leader:
- Recognises their strengths
- Compensates for their weakness
- Develops continuously to ensure their personal competitive advantage
- Focuses on the outcomes of the team
- Moves the organisation towards the overall vision
- Works with the team
- Helps the team help themselves
The most effective leaders are strong communicators with a an ability to motivate and encourage at all levels.
When you consider these attributes and how much of each you possess, you will be able to assess your leadership shortfalls and identify where best to spend effort in your own personal development, Development that will move your toward your goal of becoming a better leader.
Dare to Aspire